What is Keyholding?
We take traditional keyholding a step further by providing bespoke and flexible solutions to meet the needs of our clients, both for residential and commercial properties. From alarm activation responses to daily routine visits and everything in between, our SIA licensed and highly-trained Key Guards stand ready to attend your premises and carry out all the necessary tasks including:
- Intruder and fire alarm response
- Providing access to tradesmen or contractors
- Responding to gas leaks, floods and power cuts
- Responding to elderly people’s personal alarm activations
- Flexible mobile security patrols
- Routine visits and inspection of vacant premises
- Lock up and unlocking of property
- Attend the premises for deliveries and mail collection
- Security escorts and secure courier services
How Keyholding Works
- CMS Keyholding’s certified Key Guards conduct a brief, free survey of your home or commercial property, familiarising themselves with the layout and your alarm system, as well as determining entry procedures and operational guidelines.
- We collect a set of keys to the property, and issue a receipt for your records. The keys are sealed and coded in our secure control room, and will only be accessed by SIA licensed staff when we need to attend to your property.
- When we are informed of an alarm activation, or a call out is requested, our Key Guards are dispatched to your premises with the keys to investigate the cause. If the situation is considered serious, you or your nominated emergency contact will be contacted for further instructions. Otherwise, we will operate within the previously-agreed operational guidelines.
- If required, we can arrange for the attendance of emergency services or repair companies to ensure that your premises are left fully secure. If there is a fault with your alarm system, we will arrange for an alarm engineer to attend as soon as possible. If your alarm system is linked to an Alarm Receiving Centre, the system will be reset in accordance with the reset policy of the alarm company.
- Our Key Guards will then re-secure your property, and a comprehensive report will be emailed to you for your information.
About Our Key GuardsOur Key Guards are SIA accredited, and typically have an extensive security background, provide a calming and reassuring presence as well as an air of authority and deterrence. We are members of the SIA’s Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) and all of our Key Guards:
- Meet or exceed the rigorous SIA (Security Industry Authority) standards, and are fully licensed.
- Have advanced motorcycle riding skills gained via the police-approved Bike Safe initiative.
- Use the best security equipment and communications technology available.
- Wear CMS Keyholding branded uniform and are kitted out with top of the range motorcycle equipment, ensuring their safety and best possible presentation.