August 5th, 2016

Thanks to CMS a gas explosion was prevented

Thanks to CMS a gas explosion was prevented
 

Mr C owns a Warehouse business and in the past had trouble with break ins. Not wanting to use staff he came to CMS for his security surveillance and peace of mind.

At 10pm there was an unconfirmed activation and I was called to attend. On the external check I could see smoke coming from one of the Warehouse shutters. The fire services were called immediately. I retreated from the building and the fire brigade did their bit, thanks to the detailed site plans in our possession, I was able to advise the fire service of a huge risk with regard to the gas bottle storage in the warehouse. The situation was dealt with very quickly and smoothly; it turned out the fire was caused by a faulty charger on an electric fork lift in the warehouse and apart from smoke marks, the only damage was the fork lift. Thanks to CMS a gas explosion was prevented, otherwise the situation could have been extremely serious for the surrounding buildings and residents. Using staff as Keyholders has serious Health & Safety implications. Employers are directly responsible for their staff’s safety. Should staff encounter an intruder or a life threatening situation, the employer is directly responsible. Using CMS keyholding services removes this risk. To find out more about our Emergency Response Services or contact us on 020 7627 0344.

by sarah